Monday, January 17

Local Man Makes Terrible Mistake

"Listen, it was an honest mistake. I'm an educated man, I just got confused." And most days this explanation would have been sufficient, but not on Martin Luther King Day. This reporter can relate to his confusion, but it really is no excuse. I mean, honestly, one is a high-ranking cabinet official and the other is a reality show burnout.

"I'm sorry. I know the difference between Condoleeza Rice and Omarosa. I just saw that Burger King commercial and I thought it was really weird that Ms. Rice would promote one fast food chain over the other, much less imply that she was working in that office with those stooges. I really wish that I hadn't said it out loud."

The man's wife, despite being very distraught, was willing to take the time to speak to this publication. "I really don't know what to do about this. I love him and all, but I'm really thing to distance myself from this gaffe. How could he possibly make this mistake? Especially on Martin Luther King Day.

The man finished with this, "Sorry Condi, sorry Omarosa. It was an honest mistake, and it won't happen again." I, for one, don't think that's good enough.

Steven R. Auro