Monday, January 10

Local Man Faces Music

Proctor, MN:

A local man stepped up today to show the whole sports-watching nation a lesson. The man, who shall remain anonymous, is what you would have to consider a serious Packer fan. After witnessing a rather unfortunate display on Sunday, the man was certainly down in spirits, but not pride. (Quotes were largely assumed/made up) "Well, after the Packers beat the Vikings in the first game, I went to the Power House to give some of the Viking fans a good-natured ribbing. Then, after the Packers beat the Vikings in the second game, well, I went to the Power House to give some of the Viking fans a less-than-good-natured-ribbing."

Now, these certainly aren't shocking or impressive actions. However, what the man did today was. "Well, the thing is, when my team goes down, I don't duck and run. I don't say, 'Oh, I'm happy they lost, I want them to fire the coach.' I also don't say, 'Well, the quarterback sucks, I want him off the team.' More importantly, after they win, I don't say, 'No big deal, they're going to lose in the next game anyway.' When they lose, I go in and I face the music." So what did he do? He visited the Power House again. He stood in with the Viking fans and faced their wrath. He took all they had to offer.

Now that, sports fans, is a man.

Steven R. Auro